Structured lectures detailing the clinical and sonographic assessment of finger injuries, along with surgical management techniques.
Live didactic scanning.
Live Q&A with the Radiologist and Surgeon.
Daniel Walkley and Matthew Gourlay with comprehensively detail the sonographic anatomy and pathologies relating to the thumb and fingers. Dr Paul van Minnen, plastic and reconstructive surgeon, will then discuss the surgeon’s perspective on PIP joint injuries.
Topics covered include:
- Traumatic joint and tendon injuries
- Surgical management techniques
- Rheumatological assessment
- Degenerative joint diseases
This is a recording of one of our live flagship events. You can still ask questions and have them answered by our team by submitting questions on our viewing platform.
This is an exclusive opportunity to ask all of your burning questions!
We detail how we go about digit sonographic assessment, clinical pattern recognition, along with what we look for and the techniques we use to reach the right diagnosis for the patient. Additionally, inclusion of what the surgeon wants in their reports and the management techniques that they use, make for an all-encompassing webinar of the digits.
On demand access to our flagship webinar creates a new standard in online ultrasound education.
Structured lecture content, didactic scanning sessions with Q&A.
Join us as we expand and simplify the sonographic assessment of finger injuries.
Get On-Demand Access for 60-Days
GUEST PRESENTER: Dr. Paul van Minnen
Dr. Paul van Minnen is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who dedicated his practice to surgery of the hand and wrist only.
He studied medicine, obtained his PhD and completed Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery training at Utrecht University in The Netherlands. Learning from the country's most reputable surgeons. He qualified as a Netherlands Board (NVPC) and European Board (EBOPRAS) certified plastic surgeon before arriving in Australia in 2012.
In Adelaide he completed three years of advanced fellowship training in Reconstructive Microsurgery, Burns Surgery and Hand and Wrist Surgery at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and Flinders Medical Centre. In 2015 he was awarded Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
Dr. van Minnen runs a private practice dedicated to hand and wrist surgery. He keeps up to date with the latest techniques, including arthroscopic wrist surgery, joint replacement surgery and minimally invasive hand surgery techniques. He published numerous papers in peer reviewed, scientific journals and a hand surgery textbook chapter.
RANZCR and ASAR CPD points are available for attendance of this clinical webinar with 2.5 hours of educational content equating to 2.5 CPD points.
Those of you who have attended our events in-person will know our clinically driven, practical approach. Whether a beginner or advanced ultrasound clinician, you will develop new knowledge and skills to enhance your clinical practice.
QUALITY EDUCATION, OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE.
- Traumatic injuries of the flexor tendons of the fingers
- Disruption of the extensor apparatus of the fingers
- Traumatic injuries of the joint capsule and supporting structures (collateral ligament and volar plate injuries, steners)
- Rheumatological assessment of the hand
- Degenerative joint diseases
- Surgeon's perspective on PIP joint injuries
- Extensor and flexor apparatus of the fingers
- Joint assessment- collateral ligaments, volar plate, chondral surface
- Pulleys and associated interventional techniques
- Intrinsic muscles of the hand
- Nerve identification and tracking
This event was recorded live. Please note: Live Q&A was only available during the live event. However, you can still ask questions and have them answered by our team by submitting questions on our viewing platform.
- You will have on-demand access to recordings for 60-days post registration
- CPD Certificates are emailed after viewing the content.
"What a great way to spend a few hours. The information was excellent. Great images and the guys are so generous with their time ensuring everyone's questions were answered. Highly recommend anything from MSK Australia."
"MSK Australia are without doubt leading the way in advanced and practical based MSK sonography education. The content is always clinically relevant and brilliantly presented. It was like being in the front row! No one to dodge around and no distractions."
"Excellent, relevant content. Format was great, being able to listen to explanations, see live ultrasound scan images and also see probe position on model at the same time was crucial."
"Incredibly informative, great way to learn and I picked up key insights and understandings that will improve both my technique and outcomes for my patients."
- Full high definition, high frame rate recordings.
- Multiple cameras and camera angles.
- Know where the probe is and what position is used to obtain the image.
- Advance your knowledge and ultrasound skillset to enhance your clinical practice.